Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Two Months

Grace is now two months old and doing very well! She is now 10 lbs 11 oz, 23 in. long, and starting to outgrow onesies and socks. She again got a “perfect!” from the doctor. We feel very blessed to say that we have a great baby! She cries only to be fed, changed, or put to bed. And, she is sleeping from midnight to 6 AM pretty regularly. She is growing daily and we are getting to know her personality. She’s does have a bit of a temper when you don’t get the bottle back to her fast enough after a burp – I don’t know where she would have gotten that! She still loves her baths and is starting to make more “happy” noises when she plays on her play mat or in her bouncy seat. And the smiles! We love to see her smile! Well, you can see below how fabulous they are! We spend our days eating, pooping, playing, and sleeping. Naps with dad are especially nice.
We also work hard to get out and see all of the family we can. Great-Grandma Jackie and Great-Grandpa Gene have helped us out so I can exercise and get some errands done. And Great-Aunt Skeeter loves to help out when she comes to Somerset. And of course Grandma Patty, Grandpa Tim, and Grandma Margaret love every minute they can get with her! Cousins David and Joseph are loving time after school with her too! They don’t much care for her crying, but are getting used to it. You can’t have too many family and friends to shower her with love! Thank you! It’s been a great two months…oh how the time does fly!
In other Drake news, we wished Grandpa Gene a happy birthday by accompanying him to the Wabash County Historical Museum, where he has donated a civil war uniform from the family. It is rather an impressive museum for such a small community! And on a sad note, we had to give Max the cat away. L We finally had our pool finished with a new liner and winter cover and couldn’t risk Max clawing at the cover. So he has moved to a new family on the other side of the county. We hear he may have adopted 3 families and is living the high life! I miss him, but Grace will be safe from the pool in the winter and fall when it is closed. We can walk out on the cover if we need to… though none of us are brave enough to try! ~shelby
Grace and Weeb two months.



Rubber Duckie... You make bathtime so much fun!

"I'm going to have to get used to this camera in my face, aren't I?"

Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drakes, your little one is so cute (has to be from mom). I love her halloweeen costume! I hope you guys are doing well, things here in Chi-town are good. I don't really like Illinois, I am a Hoosier at heart. We hope to see you guys next time we are in Indiana. We miss you! Talk to you soon,
eric

Vanest said...

Tim and Shelby...she really is beautiful...you guys seem very happy. Hope all is well, and maybe we'll get a chance to see you again next summer!
Travis and Amy