Cooper arrived at 12:03 pm, on St. Patrick's Day. Talk about a festive beginning- this boy is sure to be fun! He was over 22 inches long (I watched as the nurse wrestled with him and finally gave-up and called it 22 inches...I would unbiasedly add at least another half-an-inch) and 9lbs 3oz. Shelby is fine (considering), but since she is a little unsettled these days, I'm going to put together a little pictoral diary for those of you who could not be there because you actually work for a living, live in another state, or vacation in another country!
____________________________________________
My uncle Bill, his wife Rhonda, and my cousin Laranda are shown here doting on the smooth skin on his feet. I think we all know who he gets that from
...and it isn't Shelby!
____________________________________________My cousin Rodney showed lots of love and came down to see Coop'!

____________________________________________
Shelby's close friends stopped by (...that's Mandi, Christine, and Mary)
____________________________________________
Here is Grandpa Tim with his second grandchild and first grandson. Notice the green for St. Patrick's day and Snoopy- Tim's trademark- on his shirt! Tim helped take care of Grandma Patty (he is defnintely earning his eternal crown the hard way) and Grace while we were delivering Cooper, and the 4 Drakes are indebted for his help.
____________________________________________
____________________________________________Grandma Margaret almost cried, okay...she did cry, while holding her grandson. She said he smiled at her just hours after the birth.
(We all know it was the passing of a gas bubble.)

____________________________________________
Grace is growing fonder of her new little brother. At first his crying was pretty scary, but now she is constantly bringing him toys and books to help calm him. Granted, she hasn't perfected the art of "handing" so her attempts to help turn into mom's attempts of deflection and protection. But, when he went down for his afternoon nap, she freaked out because he wasn't in the living room where we were playing. I think she's quickly developing a big sister attitude!

____________________________________________
Grandma Patty has been a gift from heaven. And anyone who knows the relationship I have with my mother-in-law knows that she would have to be pretty impressive to have me say that about her on the world wide web! She helped transport and babysit and cook and clean and bring cool flowers and everything in between. In fact, she helped from the very beginning of delivery-we called her at 4 am Monday morning telling her that Shelby's water broke. She came over and watched Grace and has basically been there through this whole ordeal!
____________________________________________
He is very healthy- with strong lungs and vocal cords!
____________________________________________The grandmas and Grace almost ignored the nurse's request to wait until he had his first bath.
____________________________________________
Here he is a few hours after birth with a swollen face from the quick trip down the birth canal. While Shelby may disagree, I think Cooper slid out of that canal as quick as a Michael Jordan first step!



2 comments:
Congratulations!!! Oh, Shelby, I know how it feels to have such a big, healthy boy, GOD BLESS YOU!!!! What a lucky day you all had, I have been checking the blog daily to see if your new one had arrived. I'm so excited for you, boys are so much fun, although it sounds like Grace keeps you hoping too.....they will have such a great bond being as close in age as they are!!! Conratulations, can't wait to meet Cooper the next time I am in Indiana!!!!
Congratulations!! I'm happy to be a part of knowing your family as it grows!! All the Drakes are absolutely beautiful! May you continue to be blessed!
Post a Comment