Monica was to leave on the Monday after Christmas so we all headed down to Indy on Sunday to spend the night and explore the down town.
Funny story...
My wonderful Uncle Bob and Aunt Mitzi offered our family their Colts tickets to the last game on that Sunday, the 28th. After much sucking up and whining about being poor and how Tim and I should get them, it was decided that there would be a drawing. If you drew a horse shoe you got a ticket. I had hoped that Monica would get one of the tickets as she is the super fan and hasn't been to the new stadium yet, but I was secretly wishing for a date with my husband! But, stuff like that never happens to me (which I lamented just as the drawing began.) But, I did get a horse shoe! And so did Tim!!! There was a bit of scene as I was very excited and couldn't believe it worked out that way! But then we were informed that the family decided that they wanted Tim and I to have the tickets, so they rigged the drawing - everyone had a horse shoe!!! Embarrassed about how I had been carrying on, but so very touched by my family's generosity, we happily explored the new stadium as well as watched the final regular-season game in Indy. It was a good time, and MANY, MANY thanks to Bob and Mitzi for the tickets, and our family for watching our kids and allowing us to go!


After the game we met the rest of the family and went out for dinner. Then we went and played games at Jillians. We won almost 900 tickets at ski ball and basket ball, to get a prize for Grace. Of course, she picked out 50 points worth of bubbles and a 50 point bracelet. So, Cooper got a Cookie Monster and a Dora football! Only $60 for all that! And, none of us had our cameras with us.
We hung out in the hotel on Monday until lunch and then headed to the new airport to drop Monica off. We went swimming (I won't make you look at pictures of our pale, flabby or too skinny, bodies in the water with the kids!) and played cards to pass the time. Maybe Cooper will be a professional poker player some day. He's got a good poker face already!
Here is Grace drooling over the giant cookie at the Nestle Shop at Circle Center Mall. This would be the only picture of us in the mall because they don't allow pictures since 9/11. (?!?!) While I understand the need for security, taking a picture of my 2 year old looking at a cookie seems very non threatening... well, unless you have met her or have seen her eat a cookie, I guess! They also asked the boys to take the kids off of their shoulders while we were walking! Isn't it my right as a parent to determine the level of danger I'm willing to expose them to?!?! I think the security guard was on a power trip, what with her tooling around, looking all important on her Segway! Whatever. I don't think I'll be heading back there any time soon.
"Mom, stop taking my picture. I'm just getting on an airplane."
Here is Grace drooling over the giant cookie at the Nestle Shop at Circle Center Mall. This would be the only picture of us in the mall because they don't allow pictures since 9/11. (?!?!) While I understand the need for security, taking a picture of my 2 year old looking at a cookie seems very non threatening... well, unless you have met her or have seen her eat a cookie, I guess! They also asked the boys to take the kids off of their shoulders while we were walking! Isn't it my right as a parent to determine the level of danger I'm willing to expose them to?!?! I think the security guard was on a power trip, what with her tooling around, looking all important on her Segway! Whatever. I don't think I'll be heading back there any time soon.
"Mom, stop taking my picture. I'm just getting on an airplane." 
At the airport, they have a HUGE escalator down to baggage claim that Tim, Ben, and Grace tried out. Tim is trying to make sure I don't pass on my dislike of those things to Grace!


Love you Aunt Moni! See you in March! (Or in a couple of minutes when they bump you to a later flight!)
Here we are playing with the art work. They light up red when you are under them. On occasion they break into disco music which we of course showed off our moves! I was sure our surveillance footage would end up on UTube that night! (Along with our wandering around the parking garage looking for our cars!)

No comments:
Post a Comment