Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One Long Post!

It feels like forever since I last blogged, so I have a lot to catch up on! I’m not sure that just over a week is that long to go without posting, but I guess we have just been up to so much, that there is a lot to tell about! So, here’s what we have been up to!! Sorry it has to be so long this time, but please feel free to read/look at as much as you want at a time and come back later to finish this one!

First of all, volleyball is FINALLY over! It was a heartbreaker to watch the girls lose in the first game of semi-state, but what an amazing season they had! We went to Muncie on Friday night where I attended the banquet with Tim, while mom and dad watched the kids back at the hotel. Sleeping in the same room with my children went far better than I expected! Grace slept in the big bed all night and Cooper only fussed once then slept fine with me. The game was at 9:00, so we had lunch and then headed home. Again, I say it was a heartbreaker, but I am oh, so glad it is over! We need Tim around home more!!




I did get away for a bit on Thursday last week to have dinner and paint pottery with some friends. Here we are getting creative – Mandi had her camera so she posted our cool pics!
We didn’t make it to the pumpkin patch by just 2 days, so I staged a few pictures with pumpkins I bought to make into baby food for Cooper. Aren’t they cute?! I realize that 70 degree days in November are not the norm, but they could have taken advantage of them and stayed open a couple of extra days! Well, we certainly took advantage of the nice weather!




Grace is obviously having a bad hair day, but for some reason I just love this picture! I think it is her eyes and lips in black and white.


Over there! No, Over there!!!

Cooper touching grass for the first time!

She can't quite do it yet, but I think she is cute when she tries!


The other day while I was getting my daily Blog fix (checking blogs of those in China!), I realized Cooper was no longer at my feet. While this is not entirely unusual, it was more quiet than normal so I set out to find him. Here is where he was…




Grace and Cooper are both doing well. We continue to fight off sniffles and coughs, but nothing major. And we have just about adjusted to the time change – that was a tough one!

Cooper is getting better at eating – even enjoying his prunes a little! We have given him Cheerios and he can pick them up pretty well, but doesn’t know he can eat them yet! He also thinks he is a big boy and can stand up and walk, but he really can’t yet, so I have to console him often after falls! He is starting to walk along things better and I’m sure will be walking by Christmas. His favorite spot to stand is at the little kitchen. He has moved up a diaper size and gained a pound in a month. He is still almost always happy and HOPEFULLY will start sleeping through the night better, SOON. And, when he is big enough to defend himself against Grace – I’m going to let him.



Grace can spell already – like when Tim announced at the end of dinner, “After the kids are in bed, I’m going to have some i-c-e-c-r-e-a-m!”, and Grace giggled and said, “Ice cream!!!”. She is sleeping in her bed better and better. She did sleep at her door, on the floor for a couple of hours the other morning but that has been the only time, that I know of, that she has not returned to her bed. She is very good at putting herself in timeout when she hurts Cooper, too. Often the conversations go like this:
“Why were you in time out?”
“Because I picked up/knocked down/ hurt my brother.”
“You cannot pick up/ knock down/hurt your brother.”
“Ok, I won’t.”
Just second’s later…

“Stop picking up/knocking down/ hurting your brother!!”
You can imagine why my house never gets clean.



She also has started gymnastics (or “gym-ac-ic” for the first week) and loves to RUN and JUMP and CLIMB on things! I hope by the end of the session she is better at listening and following instructions!




Grace thought it would be fun to try on my boots.

Rock the babies.
Whew!

2 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

What a bummer about volleyball, but I agree with you about how you just need your husband around more :-) Landon started gymnastics about 1 1/2 months ago, and he too loves it, it's a great activity for their energy!!!!! Cooper walking?!?!?!?! WOW! So glad you finally blogged, I missed you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the boots!