One year ago today, our little Cooper made his entrance into the world! Happy birthday my sweet baby! I remember it like it was yesterday…
The evening before, Tim had informed me that I could not have the baby until Tuesday. “Yea, I’ll get my elves right on that.” was my response as I attempted to get comfortable on the couch for my evening Friends episode. At the end of the show it occurred to me that I had just had 3 Braxton Hicks contractions. (I’d been having them for a while, but not that close together.) So I timed them. 7 ½ minutes apart. I informed my husband, who was furiously typing some homework on the computer, that I would do what I could about the birthday but that I was having contractions 7 ½ minutes apart. “Great” he responded. Last time it took three days from the first contraction, so neither of us seemed worried. In fact I didn’t even call my mom to give her a heads up – I probably should have. Sorry about that, Mom! I spent the night on the couch as my 200 pound body (if only there had been a 60 pound baby in there!) could find no comfortable position in a bed! I assumed this was the start of another three day labor…
Well, at 3 AM my water broke! And by 4 am Mom had arrived to watch Grace and we were on our way to the hospital. After waiting on the epidural for what felt like forever, (the doctor was in a C-section and was busy! How dare!?!?) in a delivery room with the heat stuck on, with two hits of Demoral in me while I waited for the epidural, and just after the Doctor stopped by just to check on me, (turns out I was ready to go!) Cooper arrived rather quickly at 12:03 PM. He was a healthy, baby boy and we were so happy to have our Mini-Cooper!
Having found his CAH so quickly probably saved his life and we couldn’t be happier about our first year with him. He is nearly always happy, loves his big sister and to give hugs, is finally starting to communicate words to us with signs and “attitude”, and is a healthy, walking and climbing one year old!
We still have to measure him on the wall, take his last Moot picture, and have our little family party for him later tonight. So, there will be more to post later, but, here are some pictures of us playing around this week.
We’re sooooo happy to see spring!!
No, I don't like being told what to do.







No comments:
Post a Comment