Monday, April 28, 2008

One Month and Still No News

Cooper is now one month old and Grace is 19 months old! We had our Well Baby check ups (at the same time!) last Monday and both kids are doing great! Monica was home for the weekend, so she and Mom helped me at the doctor's office. That's right- it really did take three adults to take two children for their checkups!

Grace continues to be off the charts for height. Dr. Keller said she is the size of an average 2 1/2 - 3 year old! That explains why many of the 2T clothes already don't fit! She also got a new pair of shoes - size 8! He also asked if she is saying at least 20 words... Uh... yeah, and then some! She certainly repeats anything she hears; and then remembers it. For example, they heard a wood pecker in the woods last week, and Tim told her what it was, which she repeated... but just the last half!! You can imagine!! Also she has started saying sentences. One of her firsts was "I got it!" But the one I'll probably remember as her first was, "Mommy, MOVE!" - to get me off the couch! She also pulled the, "NOOO, Cooper go night-night!" this week (with tears) when she wanted me to leave him in his bed! Just about broke my heart! I'm definitely seeing more acting out, but at the end of the day Tim and I just marvel at how great of a kid she is!!

Cooper weighed in at 9 1/2 pounds and is 23 1/4 inches long. He too has outgrown his 0-3 month clothes. I'm looking forward to warm weather when he can live in onesies! He continues to act as if nothing is wrong, for which I am very grateful. I am trying to get him to sleep a little longer at night, but so far, he wants to eat every 2 1/2 hours - which is shorter rather than longer sleep! But, as long as he is growing, I won't complain too much... yet. He has also started to smile at us! It is beautiful!

As for his test results, as of Friday, April 25, the Doctor had not yet heard anything. So, we wait. To see him growing and smiling has really been enough to distract me from the possibilities of lifetime illness. I have taken great comfort in the fact that he doesn't seem "sick", that so many people are praying for us - Thank you very much-, and that our doctor seems optimistic.

As soon as we hear results I'll update the blog. Thank you again for caring for our family! We love you all! ~Shelby






A sign of things to come...?
I think Grace is ready for Cooper to play with her!
Good thing we are working on how to wait for things!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love the photos! Nice action shots with the bubbles. Grace is looking quite comfortable on that phone - haha.