Saturday, January 23, 2010

I want more for my kids.

I've always wanted my kids to be better than me at everything. I want them to be super smart, great athletes, strong, faithful Christians, financially responsible, and happy little, confident people. It hopefully makes me better at all those things as I try to model it for them. That is why when they have recently become afraid of spiders I questioned where that came from, because I ALWAYS try to put on a brave face as I say, "Oh my!! We must get that silly spider!!!" :) I guess they can see through my "act". However, it won't stop me from trying!
Before Christmas my mom took Grace shopping for Operation Christmas Child where they filled a shoebox for a little girl Grace's age. She really got into it and I'm so happy they have started this tradition together.
She really got into the gift giving this year, as I had hoped she would. We, as a family, also gave to a little girl in the area for Operation Elf. She was so fun to shop with while we were picking out toys and clothes for her. The love of giving is another one of those things we hope to foster in them.




Adding hats/scarves/mittens to the tree for those in need.


With that all said, this ends 2009. What a crazy year. In all the craziness that was that year, we certainly never forgot to count our blessings. They were amazing and we feel so blessed.
So long 2009, please, 2010, be less eventful....

No comments: