This is a journaling post! Grace is growing up so quickly that there are memorable moments every day! Here are a few I don’t want to forget.
Grace has a bracelet that Brittney made her with her name on it and it is getting too small. As we discussed that Brittney may have to redo it again, this is what she said... "We will have to put it in a bag and give it to Grandma so she can give it to Brittney again so she can redo it! That will be some crazy situation!!!!"
Grace has a bracelet that Brittney made her with her name on it and it is getting too small. As we discussed that Brittney may have to redo it again, this is what she said... "We will have to put it in a bag and give it to Grandma so she can give it to Brittney again so she can redo it! That will be some crazy situation!!!!"
Also, the other night when asked if she would like to do something... she responded with"I'd rather do.... " RATHER?!?!
We’ve started looking into preschools. On Tim’s day off last week we went and visited one. I had just about made myself sick thinking about her going off to school every morning, but she seemed just fine. When we arrived, she said, “Is this it? I don’t think this is it, but it looks familiar.” I just rolled my eyes as I got her out of the car! She told both the teacher and principal that she was “Grace Margaret Drake” when they asked her her name. She went willingly, right away to join in the cutting and crafting activities. After about 30 minutes, two crafts, and seeing her line up and move with the rest of the class, it was time to go. She began to cry! She didn’t want to leave! Oy vey.
We’ve started looking into preschools. On Tim’s day off last week we went and visited one. I had just about made myself sick thinking about her going off to school every morning, but she seemed just fine. When we arrived, she said, “Is this it? I don’t think this is it, but it looks familiar.” I just rolled my eyes as I got her out of the car! She told both the teacher and principal that she was “Grace Margaret Drake” when they asked her her name. She went willingly, right away to join in the cutting and crafting activities. After about 30 minutes, two crafts, and seeing her line up and move with the rest of the class, it was time to go. She began to cry! She didn’t want to leave! Oy vey.
And finally, her emotions. The little glimpses into the teen years are beginning to scare the crap out of me! On Saturday night we picked out our clothes for church. So, on Sunday we got dressed… tights, skirt, long sleeved shirt, (everything is going fine at this point) and t-shirt. Literally as the t-shirt went over her head, something snapped in her. She immediately pulled on her shirt and screamed in my face, “I don’t like what I’m wearing!!”, turned on her heels and stormed off down the hall, grabbing her suitcase as she went. At this point, I’m a bit shell shocked and politely say, “Ok. When you are done crabbing about this you need to get your black shoes on, please.” Once through her bedroom door, she turned around, with one hand on the door and screamed “I will NEVER put on my shoes!” and slammed the door!
It was so sudden and out of nowhere, that I couldn’t do anything but laugh about it! Tim went in to check on her and she calmly answered his questions about what was happening and then was ready to apologize and was back to her normal, pleasant self!! The whole incident lasted maybe 4 minutes! Tim questioned if it was “that time of the month” for her!! Lord help us when that season hits!!!
She is starting to pretend play more and loves her babies. She is always packed to go somewhere and has her entourage in a stroller or shopping cart. She loves Sunday school and her new pink Bible! In spite of the mood swings, she is a hoot to be around!
Cooper is also growing up way too fast. In about a month he will be two!!! His vocabulary is expanding, daily. One of my favorite is, “Oh, Goodness!”. He is starting to string two and three words together more frequently. He can spell his first name and say his whole name. (There is a little song we do!) He LOVES to sing! Jesus Loves Me is a favorite. And, he is potty training himself! He often announces “Potty!” and on occasion he does it in the potty! It blows my mind, but I’m secretly hoping that by the fall he is done with daytime diapers! He climbs everything except his bed and is an awesome jumper and can throw a ball with amazing accuracy! No question, he is all boy!!
Sorry for the long, wordy post! I have new pictures that I’ll get to asap!
It was so sudden and out of nowhere, that I couldn’t do anything but laugh about it! Tim went in to check on her and she calmly answered his questions about what was happening and then was ready to apologize and was back to her normal, pleasant self!! The whole incident lasted maybe 4 minutes! Tim questioned if it was “that time of the month” for her!! Lord help us when that season hits!!!
She is starting to pretend play more and loves her babies. She is always packed to go somewhere and has her entourage in a stroller or shopping cart. She loves Sunday school and her new pink Bible! In spite of the mood swings, she is a hoot to be around!
Cooper is also growing up way too fast. In about a month he will be two!!! His vocabulary is expanding, daily. One of my favorite is, “Oh, Goodness!”. He is starting to string two and three words together more frequently. He can spell his first name and say his whole name. (There is a little song we do!) He LOVES to sing! Jesus Loves Me is a favorite. And, he is potty training himself! He often announces “Potty!” and on occasion he does it in the potty! It blows my mind, but I’m secretly hoping that by the fall he is done with daytime diapers! He climbs everything except his bed and is an awesome jumper and can throw a ball with amazing accuracy! No question, he is all boy!!
Sorry for the long, wordy post! I have new pictures that I’ll get to asap!
No comments:
Post a Comment