Saturday, June 13, 2009

Foiled Plans

My next post is supposed to be of our time at Uncle Ben and Aunt Laura's for Memorial Day weekend, but I wanted to share this with you today.
We were supposed to be in Ohio this weekend visiting Margaret, but last night as we got the kids into their jammies just before getting on the road, we discovered that Cooper had a fever of 102! (Bad Mommy not to have noticed sooner!!) So, we were able to cancel our reservation and put off leaving until the morning. But, Cooper had such a rough night that we decided taking the kids was a bad idea, so Tim went by himself. (He met his Uncle Bill and cousins Rod and LaRanda there.) Cooper spent the majority of the day on the couch, sleeping, and finally perked up around 4 for a little while. He is drinking plenty and ate a little bit as well. I was pretty calm about it all until about 330. His fever had already broken around 230, and he was still sleeping!!! But, by 400 he was ready to play and dance! He was a little slow and tired, but altogether pleasant! He is now down for the night - I hope!

So Grace said, "Fine, I'm going to the farm." (Or, Mom said, "And you are going to the Farm!") And we packed up her things and sent her to Grandma and Grandpa's for the night!

2 comments:

mandi said...

I love the picture of Cooper and Moot. So precious.

Anonymous said...

Before you know it Shelby, that will be your view of Grace going off to college.

Mandi's Mom