So, I'm still trying to get pictures posted as our July unfolds so as not to get too backed up, so here is my first post of our weekend in Chicago with the Curli! (They have more pictures I want get when we swap ours for theirs.)
We started out just exploring down town Thursday when we arrived. Monica hooked us up nicely with a great deal at the Blackstone - Renaissance hotel on Michigan Avenue, just a few blocks south of Navy Pier and the Magnificent Mile! Thanks Monica!
There were lots of people out and about, but it didn't feel too crowded. We walked through Millennium park and took in the artwork.
(This big silver - reflective ball thing)


Then we took a water taxi to the Sears Tower. Our hotel is in the bottom left corner of this view, with the green roof.
The new clear ledges you can walk out on! This is Tim and I!
And Marc and Mel just hanging out of the building!
We walked right out of the Sears tower and found the pizza place we were looking for - Giordonos!! Great Chicago style deep dish!
We found this cool water fountain at night and I got to play with the settings on my camera.

On Friday we did Navy Pier and had a Chicago style hot dog! It was good!

Mel and I shopped the Mag Mile while the boys took in the Cubs game at ESPN Zone. We joined them for the end of the game - you can see Mel thoroughly enjoying herself... :) (So many sports to watch... so many other things she'd rather be doing! Such a good sport though! Love ya!)
Here you can buy them by the color!

I didn't buy any, but got a little creative with the camera. I won't post all my pictures from here - they are just like this one, but in all colors!!!
They have a Leggo Marriott! This is for you Monica!


We rode the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier.
And, on Saturday before we headed home, we hit the IKEA!!! What fun! That makes Ikea stores on four continents for Mel, five for Marc (I think), the same one twice for me, and probably the only one for Tim. Ever.

It was a great relaxing trip. Once I got over my "we have to eat at 5!; Hurry before someone melts down; or I need to know the plan!" thoughts, I totally relaxed and enjoyed a weekend of leisure with great friends.

I didn't buy any, but got a little creative with the camera. I won't post all my pictures from here - they are just like this one, but in all colors!!!
They have a Leggo Marriott! This is for you Monica!

We rode the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier.
That night we sat out on the pier and took in the free jazz music while we ate ice cream for dinner at 8:00!! (I had a wrap - but, still it was 8:00! Awesome!) And, it was perfect weather all weekend!
And, on Saturday before we headed home, we hit the IKEA!!! What fun! That makes Ikea stores on four continents for Mel, five for Marc (I think), the same one twice for me, and probably the only one for Tim. Ever.

It was a great relaxing trip. Once I got over my "we have to eat at 5!; Hurry before someone melts down; or I need to know the plan!" thoughts, I totally relaxed and enjoyed a weekend of leisure with great friends.
We're talking of even making this an annual trip as we feel like there is still so much we'd like to do!
Oh, and the kids had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa. We were worried that it would go so badly they would never let us go with the Curless' again, or (the Curless' hope) that it would go so badly that Grandma might rethink her objections to the Drake's living overseas for a couple of years! No such luck! (And that is a big dream at this point anyway! Not to worry anyone!)
All right... next up... Brown County!

5 comments:
i loved the ferris wheel shot very creative!!
There is NO WAY I would get out in those glass boxes on the Sears Tower! You guys are so brave!
Yay!! This email notification thing is working. Great times. Great photos Shelby.It was only IKEA on 3rd continent for me (4th for Marc)!!
Mel
I don't have much room to talk since I am waaaaaaay behind on my blogging, but where is part 2? He! he!
Sorry I'm a bit late on checking out some of your photos, but you really should enter your photos into competitions!! What a great eye you have!! Oh I miss Chi-town!! And you taught me something new about the Sears Tower! Clear ledges?? I've to check it out!!!
Post a Comment