Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We've been busy... doing nothing

I've been trying to blog for a while now, but we've been busy! Doing what I don't know, but since volleyball has ended, we've found other things to keep us busy, I guess!! It has been nice to have Tim home by 4:30 and we've enjoyed several family nights. I have no new pictures, so I assume we've just been busy settling back into normal! A couple of things to report on, though...

First, back in September, we had our last dual, well baby check up. Cooper's 18 month and Grace's 3 year. They both, of course, are exceptional! Cooper weighed in at 23 pounds and 33 3/4 inch long, finally making it up to the 10-25th percentiles for weight, and 75-90th for height! Quite a jump on the charts! Grace was 34 1/2 pounds and 40 1/2 inches.... continuing to be off the charts. They are both doing well and Cooper has finally hit that language explosion we've been waiting for. He loves to run and jump, and throw balls, and he has the best smile! Grace loves to play with little things, her bear and baby, and is starting to ask deeper questions. Last night while listening to Jesus Loves the Little Children, they sing about him saving the children. She asked if they were falling! I couldn't come up with a response about being saved that she would understand and also not freak her out, so we're going to talk with Daddy about it!!! She also has developed a scowl that sometimes makes me just laugh at her, but often is quite rude. We're working on it!
Cooper also had the hormones checked again and another check up to Riley at the beginning of November. His numbers came back all screwy - because of his huge growth spurt- so we have adjusted his meds and will test him again after Christmas. Our doctor was not worried about the numbers, claiming this will be the norm while he is growing. He of course shows no signs of problems, so it is a bit of a shock to hear they are so out of whack! He and I had a nice trip to Indy while Grace hung out with Grandma and Grandpa, then had a date with Daddy.
Last week Cooper was sick. Not the flu, but just intestinal issues and vomiting. By Wednesday he was pretty lifeless, so we went to the doctor. There was some blood work and our regular doctor wanted to admit him to the hospital for fluids and steroids! Eeek!!! But, I have a great doctors who are willing to work together and they came up with a way we were able to keep him at home over night. We hydrated him, watched him closely, and then returned the next morning for more blood work. As soon as we got fluids in him he started to perk up. And, by Sunday was back to normal, eating anything we offered him! And then on Monday... Grace. So, we're back to light foods, and lots of fluids! I don't imagine she'll make Thanksgiving on Thursday. Maybe on Saturday. So far, she is acting just fine, but has the "potty-poos" (her words, because it sounds like potty when she is pooing!) and threw up her breakfast. She is fascinated by this "funny poo"! It is entertaining to watch her checking things out and giggling as she poos! I'm on a mission today to disinfect all surfaces, and, at this rate, I'll be sick just in time for Christmas!
And, finally, Grace got a camera from Aunt Monica for her birthday. We finally have one that works now, so here are her first pictures!
Her bed.
Her dresser.
Her closet.
The Momma and sick brother.
All my morning glory.
Grandma and pa's DVD player.
Cooper at the farm.
Grandma.
Grandma holding the remote.
Grace standing over the air vent.
Daddy...
I mean, Daddy!

No comments: