Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What a week!

On Thursday the volleyball team attended two pep sessions at the elementary schools. We like to tag along and support the team as much as we can, but they were during nap time, so we didn't make it the whole time.
A little snackage to keep him awake in between sessions! He fell asleep when we were less than 1/2 a mile to the second one.
On Friday the team did a loop through down town on their way to Muncie, with a police/ambulance/fire truck escort! So we made our signs and waited for them. We cheered them on coming, quicked walked a block to cheer them on going, too!
We didn't sleep all that well in the hotel, but fortunately, Tim didn't sleep with us, so he was well rested. The 9AM game was a bit rough for us as both kids wanted Tim more than anything and were crying/crabbing/crawling all over most of the game. Thanks to Grandpa for keeping Cooper, and Grace and I cheered from the rafters. So, after an AWESOME win in the morning, we grabbed quick naps in the hotel, then found a cool place to play. I don't remember the name, but it was like a McDonald's play land - on speed! Here is the little ball pit we found first...

Then the BIG one!!

Then, to climb! A huge thanks to Uncle Ben and Aunt Laura!! I couldn't have done without them!




You can see the massiveness of this ONE side!
Over, Under, Ben. Over, Under!
I had to pry Cooper out of the ball pit to leave. There were some parents "playing" in the ball pit when I removed him and they had to take a "time out" because I was "Pulling his ammo guy"! Cooper was keeping him supplied with balls to throw at his girlfriend/wife! It made me laugh. It was a wonderful place to spend some time running around before heading to the arena for the final game.
We love the team, but really love Coach Drake!

It was heartbreaking to watch the girls get so frustrated in their last game. They played Muncie Burris University... I mean High School. They were ranked #2 in the NATION in ESPN high school polls (I think) .
Nobody beats them. It would have been nice to be the "David", but seriously, nobody beats them.
So, while they officially hold the Class 2A Volleyball Runner Up title, as someone called them tonight at the pep session, I like:
The Class 2A Public School Champions!
Tim has several more things to do with the team still to tie up some "stuff", but we're excited about having him home a little bit more. He has some major work to do to get caught up for his Master's work. But, volleyball is over. Praise the Lord.

No comments: