As I have had just minutes at a time in between Christmas parties to check emails and follow blogs, I have been amazed that there are people out there who have had time to blog about their Christmas days already!!! I finally have some time here on New Year's Eve, but will only just get started before I have to stop as I have lots to tell and lots of pictures to share! It will take at least one more post to do our Christmas justice!!
I'll start with some of the serious stuff first. We brought Tim's mom, Margaret, to live with us the week before Christmas. On the Monday before Christmas we were able to set up a plan to get her some help after the holidays. While bringing her to our home added some stress to the week, we were certainly blessed that Tim was on Christmas vacation and could devote his full attention to the process. It also gave Margaret time to play with Grace and Cooper. She absolutely loves them and they love her! While this wasn't what we had planned to for our Christmas break, it makes us all feel better to be moving forward. Please just keep us- especially Margaret- in your prayers.
Now on to more of the "fun" times!
This year will definitely be remembered as the Polar Express year! We watched it at least 3 times!!
Grace let me paint her nails red with snow! They didn't last the whole week, but were cute for at least 2 hours. Girls are fun! (most of the time!)

We started our festivities with the Coopers on Christmas Eve at the Richvalley Clubhouse where we used to meet years ago. The Coopers have certainly grown to need the space the Clubhouse provides as we all made it home this holiday. The kids (and adults) loved the room to run and play!
Cooper was the hit of every party! Here he is loving on Cousin Craig.

The great grand kids with Grandpa Gene.

Our first attempt at a family portrait. That would be cousins Allison and Alice sneaking into our picture! Too cute! (I think Grace got into a couple of others as well!)
We started our Drake family Christmas at home Christmas morning with stockings. It was fun to watch Grace dig through hers... and all of ours! I had new jammies for both kids (of course) both were wet in the morning!! So, if you look closely, you'll notice Grace with new pants later and Cooper in a new sleeper eventually. I had to get one picture in their jammies!!

"Are you kidding me with this?"

Boy toys from Grandma Margaret!

Grace loved her backpack, but if you ask her, her favorite gift was the chap stick she got in her stocking!!!

And, the house still looks like this....

Roller Skates!

Cooper likes the farm, but likes the ribbon, more!

Playdough fun!
(Notice that the mass of Playdough in her hands is multi-colored. It didn't come that way. Tim and I resisted the urge to "control" everything!? So we let her "play" and make her own hybrid color of pink and purple, with some other colors sprinkled in! So much for keeping all the colors separate!)

We've had lots more fun, but this post alone took me about an hour! My children (and my husband!) need me. Happy New Year!!!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a fun Christmas Day!! Grace looks like she was really into it, and I LOVE Cooper's face with his silverware; too cute!!! Happy New Year to you all!
Post a Comment