I wish I had the gift of "Dad Sleep". Then I could nap on the couch anytime and could sleep through the night and not awaken at each little cough or roll over. It turns out that there is a "Grandpa Sleep" as well. I witnessed that this weekend while my parents were over. What a blessing they have!

We are recovering from a hellish week of a flu virus. Grace and I started the festivities on Wednesday morning. Tim stayed home with us on Wednesday and we made it ok on Thursday without him. On Friday, Cooper woke up lethargic and FREAKED me out, so Tim had to come home to help me calm down while I waited for the doctor to call me back. She reassured me that I was doing everything right and that she trusted me. He was not himself all day, but ate and nursed fine, and was back to himself on Saturday. On Saturday, Grace, however started running a fever and laid on the couch all day and cried/whined. In the afternoon I hurt my back and could help with nothing after that. At this point it became almost comical. Could anything else go wrong? My parents came and fed us and helped with the kids on Sunday and we are getting back to normal, today. Cooper is not napping well as he was held a lot to fall asleep while he was sick. And Grace is still very crabby when told, "no" and weak, but I think we're getting there. Tim somehow managed to will the sickness away and did a wonderful job taking care of us. I call it the "Great flu of '09" and pray it is the only one this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment