Last month when the girls had their night with the Rigney girls, I (Tim) and Cooper went to a boys/men's camping night with our church family at Rick Sweet's. Cooper was all about camping. He helped set up our tent...well, he tried to help. He went fishing with Logan and his father to watch the guys fishing. It wasn't long until he borrowed a fishing pole and caught his first fish. He was so excited to catch such a "big" fish. (Brian said it was a minnow).
Some guys brought shotguns to shoot at clay pigeons. Cooper and I watched a couple of them shoot and after we took off our headphones, Cooper looked at me and said, "Dad, you shoot the gun." Not to be called out by my son, I stepped up and destroyed the clay pigeon...on my third shot, but who was counting?
After a long night, Cooper and I finally climbed into the sleeping bags about two hours past normal bed time. After a million questions, Cooper finally fell into a seriously deep sleep. In the morning, we had a hearty breakfast of sausage and eggs. Cooper: "I love eggs!" After his second serving of eggs, Cooper joined in playing planes with the boys. But, it didn't take long for Pete to attract Cooper to the golf ball competition. Cooper tried hitting the balls at the flag across the pond, but quickly turned to his strength and began throwing golf balls in the pond. He has a pretty good arm!
All in all, it was perfect- the people, weather, activities, food, and most of all Cooper!



1 comment:
So glad the boys had fun too. I have more pictures from that event of Cooper, I'll try to get them to you guys.
Post a Comment