We are home from our first official Drake Family Vacation and the verdict is in: It was AWESOMELY PERFECT!!!! We are all exhausted, but it was so worth it. The kids were out very quickly tonight, and Tim and I will soon follow. :)
As this blog has become our family scrap book and journal, I apologise now if I get wordy, but I don't want to forget any of it! So, here is Part one... it will take several, I think!
We left Sunday morning for the Indiana Dunes State Park bright and early. Grace got straight to work making a check list for us and spelling "Chicago". Cooper was enjoying his reflection in his new travel box! The sky was amazing on the way up there - clouds all in a row! We stopped for lunch just before we got to the park where the kids enjoyed some of Tim's shake. It was a bit cooler than we expected - 52 according to the van reading! Good thing I threw in some extra pants and sweatshirts for everyone.... but me! While Tim and I went to work on the tent and camp sight, the kids played in the dirt!! Good grief!! They also went and got some firewood while I made up the beds. *Memory... it only took us two tries to get the tent up. We used the wrong poles for the top... made for a very pitiful looking tent! I also had on a white sweatshirt and felt like everyone in the camp was watching the "newbies"!
No comments:
Post a Comment