After we set up camp, we headed for the beach. It was cold, foggy, and windy, but we went anyway!!! Tim took the kids to the top of Devil's slide where they rolled down part way and then ran the rest. Then it was to the water! Again - COLD! You can see in the pictures how foggy it was, but in the time it took me to walk to the van and get the beach toys, it lifted! It was still cold, but not so bad we couldn't stay and play!!! I absolutely loved watching the kids play in the sand. I wish I knew what they were thinking as they would collect water and wet sand, and then pick a random spot on the beach to mix and "work". So cool!! There were also several seagulls around. The family next to us thought it was cool to feed them, but as they hovered above us, one pooped on my back. Stupid seagulls. I'll take a sign next time to put near our spot: "Please don't feed the seagulls next to us. They poop while they wait for you to feed them. Thank you." Other than the bird poop - excellent first trip to the beach!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment